Recent Writing (formerly found at UltimaThule.blog):
- Mondoweiss has published an expanded version of my earlier article, Reading Maimonedes in Gaza. Part of every purchase price will support the We Are Not Numbers project, for Gazan writers. I’m very proud to be the second in their series of hard-copy publications!
- We Are Not Zionist, and We Are Not Anti-Semites NZ Herald, February 13, 2019
- The economy of Gaza is not falling. It was pushed. Mondoweiss, September 27, 2018
- If there are no refugees, there will be no one to return: Trump’s war on UNRWA Mondoweiss, August 30, 2018
- If the Blockade is bad, does that make Hamas good? Counterpunch, August 10, 2018
- What will ‘liberal’ Jews agree to next? Ha’aretz, July 27, 2018
- Why Save UNRWA Schools? Al-Fanar Media, July 25, 2018
- Netanyahu’s War on Transcendence. Counterpunch, July 13, 2018
- UNRWA Does Not Perpetuate the Conflict. The Conflict Perpetuates UNRWA, Counterpunch, June 29, 2018
- Killing Protestors For The Crime Of Walking While Gazan, Ha’aretz May 17, 2018
- Welcoming Liberal Doubt, Mondoweiss April 26, 2018
- Let Gaza Walk, Ha’aretz April 2, 2018
- On Being Present, Mondoweiss March 22, 2018
- One Exhaustive Act of Outraged Witness, reviewing Norman Finkelstein’s magnum opus on Mondoweiss, January 17, 2018
- UNRWA’s Food Is Not A Weapon, Ha’aretz January 8, 2018.
- Make 2018 Your Year Of Primary Sources, Ha’aretz December 31, 2017.
Beyond the Imaginary Jerusalem. Ha’aretz, December 12, 2017.
- Language that Works, in English Across the Fracture Lines, a British Council book on the use of English in conflict-affected communities.
- Who are we aiding in Gaza? Ha’aretz Nov 10, 2017.
- Sukkot Behind Walls, Ha’aretz Oct 8, 2017.
- Seven Schools in Gaza, July 26, 2017, on the seven UN shelters struck during the 2014 war.
- The Future Eaters, Jerusalem Post e-magazine, The Jerusalem Report, July 10, 2017.
- The Phantom on the Beach, July 9, 2017
- The Walls Around Gaza Disempower Everyone but the Militants, Ha’aretz March 12 2017
- Resolution 2334 doesn’t make peace more difficult. The Occupation does. Wellington Dominion Post